Lucy writes a play for a contest and wants Ricky to be in it. When Ricky does decide to play the lead, he doesn't tell Lucy, and he ends up messing up the play, not knowing that Lucy changed the script in his absence.
- Lucy's first script is called A Tree Grows in Havana. She later changes it to The Perils of Pamela.
- While waiting for Lucy and the gang to change costumes and scenery, the emcee recites part of "Hiawatha," which will be heard later on in the series, in episode #59.
- This is the first time Lucy and Ethel's women's club, the Wednesday Afternoon Fine Arts League, is mentioned.
- The play that went on before Lucy's was called Pearl One, Drop Two or Much Ado about Knitting.
- Vivian Vance and William Frawley do a pretty poor job with their British accents, especially Vivian.
- Lucy: 125 pages dripping with drama, dripping with intrigue, dripping with excitement!
Ricky: I'd better get the mop...
- Ricky: Why don't you tell them you were born in Providence? Then, they can call you "Rhode Island Red."
- Ethel: I think you go there to meet your liver.